Drive-thru Vaccination Clinics at the Fairgrounds
When vaccines become available from the State of Florida they will be announced via Alert Indian River. To register for alerts go to alertindianriver.com.
Please call the emergency information center (772) 226-4000 for technical assistance in submitting an online appointment reservation (when announced) or for general information. The emergency information center is open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Cleveland Clinic Vaccinations
The Cleveland Clinic Florida region began scheduling COVID-19 vaccines on December 30, 2020 for community members who meet criteria set forth by an executive order from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Vaccinations will be by appointment only, for appointments with Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital call (772) 410-0560 to schedule your vaccination. View full details of Cleveland Clinic COVID-19 Vaccinations
CONSUMER ALERT - Do Not Pay for a COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
Vero Beach, FL – Today, Indian River County issued a Consumer Scam Alert warning residents about COVID-19 vaccine scams that contain misleading websites charging fees for vaccine appointments. This week, the Health Department of Indian River County and the County’s Emergency Management Division have encountered several instances where individuals have presented false appointment confirmations.
The State of Florida is offering FREE vaccinations to individuals 65 years and up, long term care facility residents and staff and health care personnel with direct patient contact. Indian River County receives its vaccine allocation from the State and WILL NOT charge individuals for COVID-19 vaccines.
Below are some tips on how to avoid COVID-19 vaccine scams:
- Know that if a person or website requests money in exchange for an appointment, it is a scam;
- Check Indian River County’s website (www.ircgov.com) for the most up-to-date vaccine distribution guidelines;
- Only use the links provided through the notifications from ALERT Indian River or those featured on the Indian River County website to schedule an appointment at a County-operated vaccination clinic.
Indian River County residents are encouraged to report suspicious solicitations or COVID-19 vaccine scams to the Office of the Attorney General by calling (866) 9NO-SCAM (866-966-7226) or visiting MyFloridaLegal.com.
COVID Testing Sites As Of 11/23/2020
RAPID TESTING AVAILABLE SITES
Various CVS stores – appointments may be made on on-line.
- U.S. Highway 1 Vero Beach Covid - 19 Testing Site, 1706 U.S. Highway 1, Vero Beach, FL 32960
- 20Th Street Vero Beach Covid - 19 Testing Site, 5825 20th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960
- 9Th Street Sw Vero Beach Covid - 19 Testing Site,4215 9th Street SW, Vero Beach, FL 32968
- 53 Rd Street Vero Beach Covid - 19 Testing Site,2500 53 RD Street, Vero Beach, FL 32967
- Us Highway 1 Vero Beach Covid - 19 Testing Site,8495 US Highway 1, Vero Beach, FL 32967
Eastern Florida State College
Palm Bay Campus, 250 Community College Parkway,
Palm Bay (enter at San Filippo Drive SE at Manchester Circle)
Free testing and open 7 days a week 9am – 5pm.
Will test regardless of symptoms
Med Express Urgent Care
1150 US Highway1, Vero Beach
8am – 8 pm 7 days a week
NO RAPID TESTING AVAILABLE
Florida Dept of Health in Indian River County - testing by appointment only
1900 27th Street, Vero Beach
Call (772) 794-7411 for appointment. They have 54 testing slots a day from 8:15 am to 2:30 pm.
Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital – testing by appointment only
For appointment, call (772) 226-4846 between 7 am and 3 pm daily.
There are 3 testing locations but all appointments must be made by calling (772) 226-4846. Have rapid tests available.
MD Now (FKA Indian River Walk in Clinic)
640 21 Street, Vero Beach
8am – 8pm 7 days a week
1820 58th Avenue, Suite 110
Vero Beach, FL 32966
8am – 8pm 7 days a week
Treasure Coast Community Health – testing is free
For more information and to make an appointment call (772) 257-8224 or visit https://www.tcchinc.org
- Fellsmere: 12196 CR 512, Fellsmere, FL 32948 / Date Time: Tuesday to Thursday, 8:30 – 4:00. Friday 8:30 – 3:00
772.257.8224 ext. 1223
- Gifford: 4675 28th Ct, Vero Beach / Date Time: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30
772.257.8224 ext. 1147
- Oslo: 1590 9th Street SW (Oslo Road), Vero Beach / Date Time: Monday to Friday 10:00 – 3:00
772.257.8224 ext. 1176
- Central: 1553 U.S.Hwy 1, Vero Beach / Date Time: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30
772.257.8224 ext. 1214 & 1216
- Vero 787: 787 37th Street, suite 140 / Date Time: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30
772.257.8224 ext. 1291
- Sebastian: 13505 U.S. Hwy 1, Sebastian / Date Time: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30
772.257.8224 ext. 1188
Treasure Coast Community Health drive through locations:
Indian River County Fairgrounds Drive-Thru
Mondays and Wednesday / 8:30 am to 10:00 am
(7955 58th Ave., Vero Beach, FL 32967)
Please enter on 58th Avenue
Fridays / 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
1590 9th St SW, Vero Beach
- CDC - 8 Things to Know About the US COVID 19 Vaccination Program
- A great online resource was just launched by the FL Chamber
- The CARES Act
- COVID-19 FREE Testing Sites In Indian River County
- COVID-19-EIDL Fact Sheet FLORIDA_16353
- Small Biz Grant proposal to County 7-29-20
- IRC Small Biz Grant Program Announced
- Now Available FY20 Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding (CESF) Solicitation
- HANDOUT_SBA Disaster Assistance_Resources for Businesses
- National Waste and Recycling Association
- 60 Digital Resources for Mental Health
- COVID-19 Reopening Guide for Small Businesses
- Guide to PPP Loans: Everything You Need To Know
- Social Distancing: Apps for Seniors.
- COVB Job Opportunities
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy - Short Form (PDF)
- 2018 W-4 Form (PDF)
- Job Search App Guide
- Job Search Site Personalization
- Career-Specific Job Search
CITY OF VERO BEACH BUILDINGS ARE PRESENTLY CLOSED TO PUBLIC ACCESS.
CITY BUSINESS IS STILL BEING CONDUCTED ONLINE OR BY PHONE.
ANYONE NEEDING TO DROP OFF DEVELOPMENT PERMITS OR APPLICATIONS, PLEASE PLACE THEM IN THE YELLOW BASKET. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS FOR THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT PLEASE CALL 772-978-4550 OR THE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT PLEASE CALL 772-978-4870. THESE ITEMS WILL BE PICKED UP AT THE END OF EACH WORKING DAY.
THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT IS NOT ISSUING CODE COMPLIANCE PERMITS AT THE COUNTER AT THIS TIME. PLEASE EXPECT 48 HOURS FOR REVIEW AND ISSUANCE OF CODE COMPLIANCE PERMITS DROPPED OFF IN THE BASKET. FOR QUICKER TURN-AROUND OF CODE COMPLIANCE PERMITS, YOU MAY PDF THE APPLICATION AND EMAIL IT TO PLANNING@COVB.ORG. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT AT 772-978-4550.
ANYONE WISHING TO FIND OUT INFORMATION ON CRESTLAWN CEMETERY PLEASE REFER TO DOCUMENTS ON THE TABLE THAT CONTAIN THE LOTS THAT ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CEMETERY AND THE PRICING. CHECKS FOR CEMETERY PROPERTY CAN BE DROPPED OFF AND PLACED IN THE YELLOW BIN. ANYONE NEEDING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING CRESTLAWN CEMETERY PLEASE CALL: 772-978-4703.
ALL OTHER QUESTIONS CAN BE DIRECTED TO THE OPERATOR OR CITY CLERK’S OFFICE AT 772-978-4700.
THE CITY WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE CHANGING CONDITIONS AND WILL MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AS NEEDED GOING FORWARD. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
- USDA Expands Provisions for Lenders to Offer Temporary Exceptions to Payment Deferrals for Agency Guaranteed Loan Programs
- STAKEHOLDER ANNOUNCEMENT: USDA Implements Immediate Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19 *Updated April 8, 2020*
- DHS/CISA Alert: COVID-19 Exploited by Malicious Cyber Actors
- FDA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup April 7, 2020
- The CDC has released the Coronavirus Self-Checker to help you make decisions about seeking appropriate medical care. Click on this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/testing.html
This is an important message from ALERT Indian River
Indian River County health officials have confirmed the first case of COVID-19 for Indian River County. Please protect yourself by observing the attached recommendations issued by the Florida Department of Health. If you have questions, the Indian River County Emergency Information Center is open from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. daily. Call 772-226-4000. Or you can call the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 call center which is open 24/7. Call (866) 779-6121. Text messages will originate from 772-567-2129. Place this number in your phone’s address book as IRCEOC to avoid it being labeled as potential spam.
Utility Customer Service - COVID-19 Notice
The City of Vero Beach Utility Customer Service department has changed its procedures to continue to provide necessary services while also ensuring the safety of the public. Effective at 12:00pm on Friday, March 20, 2020, the Customer Service Lobby will be closed until further notice.
We will continue to accept utility payments through the drive through window, drop box, mail, online, or by phone.
While the Customer Service department’s physical offices will be closed to the public, our Customer Service employees will continue to be available via phone at 772-978-5100 and email at email@example.com and will work to ensure that all residents are able to conduct their business and obtain the information they need without person-to-person contact at the Utility Office. Please be aware that:
- Cash payments may only be received through the Drive Through window and should not be placed in the drop box.
- Payments may be made by phone at 772-978-5100 press Option 3.
- Customers can create an account with our new online service to view and access account information and schedule payments by clicking here:
Applications for new service can be printed online or submitted by phone at 772-978-5100. Documents that may be required for new service can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or placed in the drop box.
Customer Service Representatives will be in communication with field service workers and meter readers to assist all customer needs.
Utility department billing staff will continue to process regular billing.
If you find yourself in need of assistance, please don’t hesitate to call our Customer Service line at 772-978-5100.
- Out of an abundance of caution and to ensure the health and safety of our community, all City of Vero Beach Recreation Department group events, activities and classes including water aerobics, exercise classes, bridge, round robins, tennis clinics, dances, gymnastics and performing arts, registrations and Spring Break Cheer Camp are cancelled.
- The fountains at Royal Palm Pointe will not run until further notice.
- Recreation facilities including Leisure Square, Riverside Racquet Complex and the Vero Beach Community Center are closed until further notice.
- City parks will remain open until further notice.
- ALL County and City beaches are CLOSED until further notice.
- Due to the situation from the COVID-19 virus all City of Vero Beach Commissions/Boards have been cancelled through April 2nd. If a matter comes up and there is a need for a Special Call meeting one will be called.
- We are encouraging the public to conduct business with the City through on-line services, telephone, and drop box for payments. City Utility customers can call Customer Service at 772-978-5100 to handle all of their utility inquiries or use the City’s on-line billing and payment services. You can reach our online service by clicking the following link https://customerservice.covb.org/css/public/login/form?
- EXPRESS LANE OPTION REMINDER TO RESIDENTS CONCERNED ABOUT VIRUS
- Florida Department of Health Announces New Positive COVID-19 Cases in Florida_3.11_1
- Important message from VISIT FLORIDA regarding COVID-19
- Public Health Guidance for Mass Gatherings Mar 12 2020
- The Florida League of Cities